A TRT™ can install Flat Bottom Rail and Conductor Rail. A pair of TRTs can be used to move any length of rail up to 709ft long and can also be utilised to transport, remove and install associated iron work such as switches and crossing.
Features & benefits
- Reliability of 99.7% proven during 15 years of operation on the UK network.
- Fully approved to work under live Overhead Line Equipment and any line open working.
- Removes, transposes, moves and installs rail in a safe controlled manner.
- Ideal for use on both single line and multiple track layouts.
- Can easily cross multiple tracks including areas with conductor rails.
- Capable of threading rail past lineside equipment/masts.
- Can operate in confined spaces such as tunnels and bridges.
- Compact size and maneuverability enables rapid deployment and recovery.
- Can be stored lineside to reduce need for demobilization.
- Move and handle different types of rail including, but not limited to, CEN 60, Bull Head, tram and power rails.
- Can access the rail infrastructure from access points as small as 1800mm width.
- Can travel unloaded on bankings and restricted access areas up to an angle of 45º.
- Cross all types of rail track with the use of foam ramps supplied.
- The TRT™ can be moved off the rail infrastructure utilising the approved TRT recovery engine.
- Can be adapted to undertake additional activities using attachments including Lifting Crane, Plough, Rail Saw, 4-Rail Cartridge Head for Switches & Crossings.
The TRT™ is fully approved for use on the UK Rail network by Network Rail and the London Underground network, including deep tubes.
- Approved to operate under live overhead lines
- Approved to operate within 3rd Rail areas within the UK
- EMC Certified to EN50121
In accordance with the Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005 (and associated guidance), Hand-Arm Vibration Exposure measurements of:
- Vibration magnitude (m/s²) of less than 2.3
- Time to Exposure Action Value (EAV) of >10 hours
- Time to Exposure Limit Value of greater than 24 hours
- Emission limits at any time of operation:
- Bosch Smoke Number of less than 0.5
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) ppm of less than 300
- Oxides of Nitrogen (NOx) ppm of less than 250
The TRT™ Engine meets the engine emissions requirements of US EPA (Environmental Protection Authority) Tier 4 final emissions regulations and EU Stage IVB Requirements.